Loading...

April's Pearls

We've been busy with Spring cleaning this week. Landscapers and carpet cleaners and maids--oh my! Today I was so bothered by everything I ran under the sleeper sofa for some quiet time... and got stuck! I don't know how I got myself wedged in there, but The Animator had to come rescue me after everyone left.

Despite my harrowing experience, I wanted to post a quick pattern for you. This necklace works up in about an hour, so even if you're bogged down by Spring cleaning, you have time to whip this up.

April's Pearls 2

It attaches in the back with a clasp.

April's Pearls 1

But don't worry--even you don't know a thing about making jewelry, all you need to know to make this  lovely is the chain stitch.

Materials
Size 10 crochet cotton
57 fresh water pearl beads
2.75mm steel crochet hook
1 necklace clasp
1 beading needle

Directions
Thread pearls onto crochet cotton with beading needle.

Strand 1. Leaving a 10-inch tail, ch 6, *slide 1 pearl up to hook, ch 6; repeat from * 17 times. Finish off, leaving a 10-inch tail. 18 pearls.

Strand 2. Leaving a 10-inch tail, ch 6, *slide 1 pearl up to hook, ch 6; repeat from * 18 times. Finish off, leaving a 10-inch tail. 19 pearls.

Strand 3. Leaving a 10-inch tail, ch 6, *slide 1 pearl up to hook, ch 6; repeat from * 19 times. Finish off, leaving a 10-inch tail. 20 pearls.

Finishing
Lie all three strands flat and stretched out, one on top of the other. Tie the left ends together, then tie the right ends together. Sew left side of necklace clasp to the left side and right side of necklace clasp to the right side. Weave in all ends.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a GREAT pattern. I rarely do thread crochet, and never have used beads/embellishments when crocheting, but this might just inspire me! Oh, just to let you know, I linked to you through Crochetville.

    ReplyDelete