Vanna White's Crochet Contest

The new year always brings some changes, and this year we are faced with the news that Grampo will be moving to Utah in February. Although he enjoyed his time with the Lovely, he was very lonely here. Utah holds the promise of childhood friends and companionship. I'm really going to miss him. I know a kitty can't take the place of a human social life, but he was always available to give me pettings in the middle of the night.

Unfortunately his obnoxious Lab pup, my Aunt Sera, will be staying here. You'd better believe I'm gonna get some manners impressed upon her now that Grampo's leaving.

So what are The Animator and His Wife to do without the financial help from Grampo? Well I'm told it won't be so bad. The Animator got a raise this week which will help, but it's still going to be tight for a bit longer. Funny how things like money don't seem to worry them when there's a Lovely around though. I guess she's all they need to be happy.

But wouldn't it be nice to have an extra $100,000? That's how much you can win in Vanna White's annual crochet contest! That would certainly buy a lot of catnip (or diapers). The Animator's Wife may be okay with their current financial situation, but she's not passing this opportunity up. Here's what she submitted:

You may recognize the 16-bit afghan she started two years ago. Here it is, finished! She completed it a bit before Christmas, and boy is it heavy! It's sure to keep The Animator warm on long nights in the office working on freelance.

If you'd like to enter your own crochet project in Vanna's contest, then step right over here. Entries must be received by February 1st. Good luck!

2 comments:

  1. That is an enormous project. What a fantastic piece. It sure will keep you warm at night. I'd love to see a picture of it on your bed. Those are squares right? I can't tell whether you did color work or sewed squares together - my eyes are getting old I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes--the girl is made up of several 2-inch granny squares. The background is one solid crocheted piece. The Animator's Wife got tired of sewing squares together.

      Delete