Good News This Time

Last August I posted some sad news regarding The Animator's Wife's health and whether or not she would be able to have children. Her attitude had gotten much better since then, but then suddenly a few months ago she started getting moody again. I felt bad for The Animator--he was getting in trouble for the most ridiculous things, be it dirty dishes in the sink or the fact that he ate the last of her favorite potato chips. I generally tried to keep my distance. It's not like she had been crocheting much at that time anyway, except for the 16-bit afghan. But all that seemed to dissipate last week when she and The Animator came home with this photo:

12 Weeks

And that's when the moodiness all made sense. The Animator's Wife is 3 months pregnant, just into her second trimester. She says the doctors say everything looks good so far, and at this point her pituitary tumor shouldn't have much affect on the baby. She is due August 26th.

I guess this means I can look forward to a resurgence of crocheting over the next few months. I'll be expecting a baby blanket, at least.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulation to you and the Animator! I'm sure when you finally download your growing creation, it will be the best of both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What an incredible miracle. I'll be thinking good thoughts for baby, mom, and dad each time I crochet baby hats and sweaters for my friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. THIS IS BRILLIANT

    THS IS MARVELOUS NEWS

    THIS IS FANTASTIC

    THIS IS A.W.E.S.O.M.E FOR ALL THREE OF YOU

    * SKIPS AROUND ROOM LIKE A LUNATIC *

    * cough cough * Ahem

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! (Perhaps the Animator suspected a pending project and took one for the team so as not to upset the apple cart?)

    I love it when couples who thought they couldn't end up pregnant, do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy, crochet will take on a whole new meaning - you'll find the Animator's Wife perusing baby patterns constantly. It becomes an obsession. I'm just warning you.;}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrads on your wonderful news. I just found your site today and can't seem to figure out how to get the patterns? All I see is blank areas on that thing called scrib or something. Is there a way to see the pattern at all? I really like the crochet kitty that holds the hook that I saw on another site - but can't seem to see the pattern - sorry to mess up the news of your lovely addition with this question :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deborah, and thank you! In answer to your question, I have moved all my patterns over to Scribd. The crochet kitten hook holder pattern can be found here: http://www.scribd.com/doc/48752914/Crochet-Kitten-Hook-Holder

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Selena - I did go over there earlier but didn't know anything about that site, so I was a little skeptical and it wouldn't show me the pattern either - I hope I can figure it out - LOL . Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Any new updates on the animator's wife/pregnancy, etc? How exciting!

    I plan on giving your clapochet a try! Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for asking, Maven! We've been pretty busy around here lately and haven't had much time for crocheting. :( It's all good stuff though. :) I'm going to try to post an update this weekend.

    ReplyDelete