Alpha Magic Afghan

There's been so much excitement about kittens and Handmade News and more kittens for the last few weeks, I've hardly had a chance at all to talk about crocheting! Plus, I've heard The Animator's Wife telling The Dog that she was going to get him a nice house with a yard, and I can't figure out if that means The Dog is going off to live on his own. The only other alternative is that The Animator's Wife is going to live with him--and I can't imagine her leaving me and Osiris and The Animator behind! Unless The Animator is leaving as well... Oh dear, I do so hope they decide to take me and Osiris with them!

...Then again, how can The Animator's Wife possibly leave me behind? Who would she crochet with?

Okay, getting back to what I originally came here to tell you. We have a new baby blanket up at CrochetKitten.com!

Alpha Magic Afghan

At first glance, the Alpha Magic Afghan looks like an ordinary baby blanket, but take a second look and the alphabet magically appears! This pattern originally appeared in HAIN's 2009 Spring Newsletter (that shows how busy The Animator's Wife has been all summer, since we haven't had time to publish it until now). Download the pattern here. We hope you enjoy it!

5 comments:

  1. Hi,didn't know u belonged to HAIN. I've sent things a few years ago and need to get back into helping. Thanks for my nudge.

    Liz Parsons-Ga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm new to this site. What is HAIN?

      Delete
    2. HAIN stands for Heavenly Angels in Need: http://heavenlyangelsinneed.com/

      They are a charity that helps families of stillborn babies and preemies.

      Delete
  2. I found this link through Crochet Me but the link is broken. Can you tell me how to get this pattern, please? Thank you so much for even offering such a fantastic Afghan pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI there! Unfortunately this pattern was lost in the Great Computer Crash of 2009 and has been discontinued. I'm so sorry for the inconvenience.

      Delete