Back to the Vet

Has it been 18 months already? Yes, it was time to go back to the dreaded doctor this month to get my heart checked out. For those of you who don't know, I have a mild heart murmur that I inherited from my mother. My brother has it, too (my biological brother, Albert--not my beloved Osiris).

Speaking of biological family, you'll never believe who I saw at the vet today.

Tiamat

It was my biological sister, Tiamat! Of all the animal hospitals in all the world, she walked into mine. Or rather, she was carried whilst she took cover beneath her quilted blankets. I couldn't believe it! I haven't seen Tiamat since we were still just kittens, hiding with our brother and mother in that log pile so many years ago. It was so good to see her again. She's so much prettier than I remembered. She got our mother's beautiful green eyes and petite-ness.

I, on the other hand, am not so petite. At least not anymore. Hiding from The Terror for two months and not getting any exercise has not been good for my figure. The vet said I've gained two pounds since my last visit. Two pounds. In medical terms, I am officially--dare I say it?--obese. Ugh. I need to go on a diet. But at least my heart condition is stable. And they gave me my vaccines today, a few weeks early, so I don't have to go back again for another 18 months.

Sigh... Two pounds.

6 comments:

  1. 2 pounds...ugg. The vet is always after Bert and Felix about their weight too. This past year Felix went on a little hunger strike and lost 3. Oh, no I am not suggesting a hunger strike...really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a good vet visit. It's about time for Telly to go and I have no doubt he will be in the obese range too. Molly was at a whooping 14lbs and that is with eating weight reduction food! Very cool that you got to see your sister!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two pounds you will lose in no time, no worries. The heart news is GOOD 100% great! That means you are healthy!!

    Sure you gained a couple of pounds - now you are more active again it will vanish - weight can be lost - you have a happy heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more i read your blog and get to know you the more I like you! you have a special needs kitty too! last summer we adopted a 2year old male kitty that is deaf and has a bit of a brain disorder, at least thats' what the old owner told us, we think he just has balance issues due to being deaf. He is my little owl that turns his head around almost a full 180 degrees! he just needs to keep constantly seeing what is around him, since he can't hear it.. ;)
    I pray that your kitty has no more heart problems and grows into an old lazy cat ;) It was so cool to run into his sister, how did you know it was his sister? did you both adopt the kitties at the same time?
    2 pounds is a lot in cat poundage... hehehe, he just sounds ; pampered and loved ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diana! I'm sorry to hear about your kitty, but at least it sounds like he's adjusted pretty well to the deafness. The Animator's Wife knew the woman who found me and the rest of my litter in the wood pile when we were kittens, and she works with the people who adopted my biological brother and sister. She gets to see them from time to time, but my trip to the vet last week was the first time I've seen my sister in almost three years!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chin up, little one! My dear sweet Rainbow had a small heart murmur as well when she came to live with us at 6 months old. She just went to see her brothers (adopted) in Kitty Heaven at the wonderful age of 17 years.

    You still have time to tame The Terror!

    ReplyDelete