Truce?

Last night I decided to venture out into the living room for some television time with The Animator's Wife. It's been a while, and I've really missed the absent-minded stroking she gives me while she's engrossed in whatever it is she's watching. I couldn't enjoy it last night, though. All I could do was sit and stare at the creature occupying my chair.

Selena & Righley 1

Yes, The Terror had taken my chair--my chair! The chair that is in just the right position for observing my (well, Osiris's) gerbils. Granted, I hadn't used it in a while, but it was still my chair, and The Terror was in it, sitting atop his pillows like some wrinkly little king.

Selena & Righley 2

I couldn't sleep all last night, I was so irritated. So when I ventured back out into the living this morning and saw him in my chair again, I was really too tired to care about it anymore. What's the point? Clearly he's going to be here a while, and I'm tired of stressing about it. My bladder doesn't like it, and Osiris already accepted The Terror into the household a month ago. So against my better judgement, rather than sulk back into my closet, this morning I decided to join The Terror on the chair and teach him the finer points of gerbil-watching.

Selena & Righley 3

Just don't expect me to be nice to him all the time. I think I was more sleep-deprived than anything.

New at CrochetKitten Café! Handmade stitch markers are too pretty to throw in the bottom of your crochet bag. Keep them safe in our stylish Stitch Markers Box!

1 comment:

  1. I just have to laugh. Poor Selena - its a tough life for a kitty with a d.o.g. around (although he looks sweet to me!!).

    Hang in there girl!

    ReplyDelete