The Terror

I know it’s been a while since I’ve written, but I’m finding it hard to get out of the bedroom lately. In fact, I’ll have to make this entry quick as I don’t know how much time I have before The Terror is unleashed again.

Last month The Animator’s Wife brought home the most bombastic, ill-mannered creature I have ever seen in my life. I thought it some other-worldly creature at first, but Osiris, who has been brave enough to introduce himself to the thing, claims it is in fact a dog.

Another dog. And not just any dog, either--apparently this Terror is a cousin of ours, the fur-baby of Brown-Eyed Girl. And apparently he is going to be staying with us for a while. Traveling Righley met him when he took Traveling Kitten to his home in Wisconsin. He said he was crazy. He said he was energetic. He neglected to mention he was exasperating. I had always thought The Dog We Don’t Like to Mention to be a nuisance, especially when he chases me into the bedroom, but he is nothing compared to The Terror that now resides within our home. I have spent most of the last month under the bed or the couch, coming out only when The Terror is locked up while The Animator and his Wife are out for the day. Even our other cousin Coco La Boosh, who instigated a tooth and claw free-for-all the first time she came to visit, is more tolerable a canine!

Osiris tells me to give it time. Apparently The Terror has never lived with felines before and is just as curious about us as we are about him. He thinks he will calm down eventually. Until then, I think I’ll stick to dark corners for a while. But I can’t help thinking, is this what our home will be like from now on? Overrun with dogs?

Doggie Cousins

Oh, say it ain’t so!

5 comments:

  1. I watched a dog whisperer program last night, (yes we get that here in the UK), with a doggy who had exactly the same behaviour, and apparently, this is not a good way for a pooch to behave and it won't stop unless the Animator and his wife stop him!
    They need to watch, and when you come out of the bedroom, and the dog perks up his ears and gets ready to charge, they need to tap him and make that "Ptsh"-ing noise the guy makes, to let the Terror know that chasing you is not cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've heard The Animator's Wife talk about that guy! He's pretty good with the dogs. The Terror doesn't actually chase me though--I just have no desire to be in the same room as such a hyper and spastic thing. He's been calming down some the last few days though. Maybe I'll give it a few more weeks before I allow him the pleasure of making my acquaintance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm so sorry. i know what its like to have new animals in the house. i hope he leaves you alone soon! oh, and by the way, say hi to the animator's wife for me...tell her i know her aunt XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that pic is something special...So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say, the picture is cute, but never let cuteness fool you. Hopefully soon, this new terror will find something else to focus on.

    ReplyDelete