In Training

Huzzah! The Animator’s Wife has finally pulled the yarn back out of the old crochet trunk! This calls for a celebration! And just what do I have to thank for this momentous occasion? Why it’s time for the 2008 Crochet Games of Ancient Greece, and The Animator’s Wife is currently in training.

The Crochet Games are being hosted by Crochetville. The rules are to begin a challenging crochet project during the opening ceremony of the 2008 Olympics in Beijing on August 8th, and finish it before the closing ceremony on August 24th. For her challenge, The Animator’s Wife will be crocheting Robyn Chachula’s Rugged Vest. Why is it a challenge? It uses thin yarn and a small-ish hook, which makes it more time-consuming and thus more challenging to finish in a two-week stretch. Like the Rock-a-Star Baby Blankie, it’s going to be another race to the finish!

The Animator’s Wife is diligently preparing for these great games. She’s already bought the yarn and winded it into balls, taken all of The Animator’s measurements (for he is the intended recipient of the vest), and gathered all her supplies. And now we play the waiting game...

Rugged Vest Pattern

7 comments:

  1. Hey Selena,

    I was looking out for some crichet patterns and found your crochetkittens.com site. I just dropped by to say thank you for posting the lovely halter top pattern! And the beautiful bags too!

    Shini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! that was supposed to be "Crochet"...sheesh. So much for a first impression :|

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shini! I'm glad to hear you like my patterns! And it's so nice to meet you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your blog about yarn not being for cats...I'm wondering if you could answer a few questions since you know alot about cat safety...

    I'm making a cat toy out of fleece. Sewing up the fleece with some polyester fill and 3/8" diameter jingle bells and catnip inside. It will be very well sewn. I want to attach some sort of string for pulling or hanging so the cats can bat it. Can I safely use 1/4" wide satin ribbon sewn tightly into the seam of the toy so that it hangs out for about 3 feet? If not, what would be best to use? Also, can I use natural, non-dyed and non-chemically treated feathers by sewing them tightly into the seam of the toy? Thanks for your help!! 7/27/08

    Lea in New Hope, Minnesota

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lea! You have some very excellent questions, and I answered them in the comments of the Yarn Is Not a Cat Toy post. Thanks so much for bringing this to everyone's attention!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What happened to the sweater? Did the Animator's Wife finish in it time? Does the Animator snuggle it all the time and make you jealous? Inquiring minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lauria! I know, I've been slacking on the updates. But I finally have the conclusion to the crochet olympics projects here: http://crochetkitten.blogspot.com/2008/09/defeat.html Sorry for the delay!

    ReplyDelete