So Not Fair!!!

I am so jealous right now, I can’t even see straight. Well actually, I’m cross-eyed, so I couldn’t see straight before, but that’s not the point!

I’m the one that keeps The Animator’s Wife company while she crochets. I’m the one that helps move the yarn along when it doesn’t want to come out of the skein. I’m the one that massages her shoulders when she’s been crocheting too long. Vinnie, on the other hand, The Dog We Don’t Like to Mention, is nothing but trouble when it comes to crochet projects. He hates it when The Animator’s Wife crochets. He would never do anything to destroy her projects, I don’t think, but whenever he sees her crocheting he always takes it upon himself to do everything he can to distract her and play tug-of-war.

So what does he get in return for this disruptive behavior? He gets to go with The Animator’s Wife and Brown-Eyed Girl to Knit Happens!

Knit Happens 1

Knit Happens is the LYS in Old Town Alexandria. Can you believe it? After all his pestering and whining, he gets to go to the yarn store while I sit at home alone with Osiris. Moreover, apparently the city where the LYS is located is very-dog friendly, so they let him walk right in with Brown-Eyed Girl to see all the beautiful yarns.

Knit Happens 2

Ooh, how I would love to spend a day, just one day, in a LYS. I would slide my chin across every single skein, until I found the one yarn that is so delectable I had to climb into the shelf with it and curl up for a nap. Paradise.

Of course, Osiris pointed out that the only way to get to Knit Happens would probably be in a car, and I really hate cars. The last time I was in a car I threw up all over myself. So if I had the choice, I probably wouldn’t go just for that reason. ...Still. I can’t believe The Dog got to go to the store and not me.

They did bring me back a gift though. The Animator’s Wife bought four skeins of a nice, stretchy yarn called Nashua Cilantro.

Nashua Cilantro

Knowing that The Animator’s Wife never buys yarn without a project in mind, I can’t wait to see what her plans are for this.

2 comments:

  1. What a cute post! My humans do the same with our stupid dog. Why do they have to walk with it when it has to urinate? Do they like to watch this?

    Beautiful yarn she purchased. Can't wait to tell my owner what the Animator's wife is making.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your post seems like sheer jealousy, so I'm not sure why post. One thing that comes through is the LYS is a great place to visit for yarn. How do you get around if you get car sick. Surely there is something you can take for this. I too used to get car sick but found sitting in the front with plenty of air ventilation helped. Don't think I'd be taking my dog to a yarnie style store or any store for that matter. It just isn't allowed here unless its a seeing eye dog. Not sure who Dog is. Sounds like the Animators partner. Mine interrupts all the time. He waits until you are at a difficult area or need to keep going to finish off a tricky bit and then he's there wanting something. Just like a child really.

    ReplyDelete