Mission Accomplished!

Well, I finally did it. I finally finished a purse for my mother, the Animator’s Wife, that she and I both absolutely love! This one definitely turned out better than the Aussie Shoulder Bag fiasco:

Floral Messenger Bag

I will be posting the pattern for it on my website in July.

In other news, Capt. Colie and I got together again today for a little amigurumi-along. She is making a lion for her sister’s baby with Patons® allure. All I can say is that is the most difficult yarn I have ever worked with. It’s an eyelash yarn intertwined with a chenille type yarn, making it super fuzzy and difficult to see the stitches. But we finally figured out that using a bigger hook (she upgraded from a K to an M) made it much more workable, which is great because it is such a nice yarn. So soft.

As for me, I started this cute little number:

Mystery Amigurumi

I probably could have finished it today, but I wanted to order special eyes for it from Harvey’s Hobby Hut that will need to be attached before I stuff and close it. What is it, you ask? Well, you will just have to stick around and find out, won’t you? ;)