Art Creating Art

I think it is fascinating how one form of art can inspire another. The art of ballet once inspired Edgar Degas to create his beautiful paintings. Now it appears the art of crochet has sparked creativity in the mind of a graphic designer.

To illustrate, check out this adorable graphic created by my friend, graphic designer Nick Vaka, after seeing my crochet kitten amigurumi:

I never looked so cute!

This illustration has inspired me to redo my entire line of cafĂ© merchandise. Yes, I envision more colorful, cuter products. Crochet propaganda you won’t be able to resist. Nick has graciously offered to do the designing for me. And as payment, all he has requested is his very own crochet sock monkey.

I think I can handle that.

Stay tuned for more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment