Momma Needs a New Purse!

My mother is the type of girl that lives in her purse. Her life is in her purse, and it never leaves her side. So imagine her dismay when the strap on her current purse randomly decided to break last week.

Mizrahi Purse

So much for designer purses--that was Isaac Mizrahi! Geez, you'd think you were paying for quality. Well fine--we don't need no stinkin' designer purses! I decided I could make her a purse that was just as stylish, courtesy, of course, of crochet.

The creation:

Aussie Purse

Hmm. Well, I guess I wouldn't exactly call it "designer". In fact, I'm not even sure if I would call it "pretty." Okay, okay, we'll call that Take One. Back to the drawing board for Take Two...

6 comments:

  1. Really, I don't think it is that bad!

    Marly
    www.knitthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess it really wasn't that bad--just completely not what I had in mind when I started the project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's lovely--I like the shape and the pleats and the braided edging! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to crochet this purse, however, I am having difficulty. You get to the end of the first panel and the shape does not work out the same way as the beginning. I have tried and tried, counting and all. Is that the way the pattern is suppose to be. It does not increase on both sides according to the directions at the end of the panel. Please give me some insight as i am frustrated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Heather! I'm so sorry you're having such difficulty! It will help me to help you if you can tell me what you have so far, and which rows of the directions you are referring to. The panel is worked from side-to-side, not up and down, so the increases are not going to be even. Why don't you send me an e-mail so we can discuss? Pics might be helpful too. :) selenak{at}crochetkitten{dot}com.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Coach purses are what i like the most. I have got this purse as a gift on my birthday from my friend. I just loved the bag which is trendy and black in color.

    ReplyDelete