Mini Vinnie and the Cream & Sugar Twins

I'm not usually a big fan of CALs. It's not that I don't like interacting with other crocheters--I love looking at the creations of others. It's just that I really prefer to create my own designs rather than follow someone else's pattern. However, when I heard about the leesespieces's amigurumi UFO CAL on Crochetville.org, I just couldn't resist.

The assignment: Finish the Little UFO Amigurumi started by Lisa A in her blog. Anything goes! So I created a mini amigurumi replica of my brother Vinnie:

Amigurumi UFO CAL (Finished)

I think it bears a striking resemblance, don't you? ;) He's going to give it to his cardiologist as a thank-you for putting up with our worrywart mother (Vinnie has degenerative valve disease, but the doctor says he's doing fine right now).

In other, non-crochet news, I am very pleased to announce that I am now a mother. Not a biological mother of course, since I was spayed when I was six months old, but a foster mother just the same.

It all began on Saturday evening, when some kind-hearted stranger found two day-old kittens crying under her front porch. She watched all day and all night for the real mother to come back, but she never did. And so, fearing for the kittens, she brought them in to the veterinary hospital where my mother works. Now how could we resist these faces?

Cream & Sugar Twins

The calico is female and the cream is male. My mother says we shouldn't name them, lest we become too attached to find them real homes when they're old enough. Nevertheless, one of them is cream-colored and they were found on Sugar Lane; therefore, I find it most appropriate to refer to them as the Cream & Sugar Twins.